Steven A. FleckmanJ.D., Harvard Univ. B.A., Univ. of Texas with special honors 512.476.7900 Click Here to Email
Steve Fleckman, the founding principal of Fleckman & McGlynn, has represented clients in diverse aspects of business law for more than thirty years. Clients range from entrepreneurs, start-ups, and regional businesses to international and publicly held corporations.
Steve is a seasoned counselor and litigator. His practice areas include corporate transactions, private placements of securities and venture capital financing, commercial litigation, commercial and residential real estate, employment issues and executive compensation agreements, intellectual property issues focusing on patent licensing, copyright, and trademark, and estate planning. He was formerly a member of the Board of Directors of Applied Bioscience International, Inc., and the Board of Directors of IntelliQuest, Inc.
Steve practiced law in New York City for four years in the areas of commercial litigation, corporate law, and commercial real estate prior to moving back to Texas in 1979 to start a law firm in Austin. A founder of the Austin Jazz Band, he regularly plays trumpet with the group.Admissions:
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Western, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate, Intellectual Property Law, and Real Estate, Probate & Trust sections)
- Austin Bar Association (Business, Corporation & Taxation and Real Estate Law sections)
- Texas Bar Foundation
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy