J.D., Univ. of Texas School of Law with honors
B.A., in Government, Harvard magna cum laude
Zach Wolfe is a trial lawyer with over 19 years of experience in business litigation matters, focusing recently on Texas litigation involving non-competes, confidentiality agreements, and trade secrets. His experience includes jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, and appeals. He is rated AV (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell.Zach frequently teaches continuing legal education courses on current issues in litigation. He writes a weekly blog on litigation topics: www.fiveminutelaw.com.
- Obtained defense verdict from Texas jury in lawsuit involving claims for breach of non-competes and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Successfully resolved numerous cases involving officers or employees who left companies to join competing ventures.
- Briefed and argued appeal of trade secrets case, resulting in dismissal of client for lack of jurisdiction.
- Assisted trial team in defense of trademark infringement claims made by global industry leader against Texas client.
- Prevailed in bench trial in federal court on executive’s claim for performance bonus against worldwide semiconductor company.
- Obtained jury verdict and judgment against guarantors in real estate development deal.
- Assisted successful defense of international banking institutions in series of multi-million dollar securities fraud claims.
- Prevailed in bench trial against claims for business interruption damages arising from commercial lease dispute.
- Advised Texas employees and employers on non-competes and other employment-related agreements.
Zach has experience in many types of litigation, including:
- Trade secrets, non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements
- Executive compensation and severance
- Employment Litigation
- Commercial litigation in the energy industry
- Claims arising from industrial, oilfield, and construction accidents
- Real estate, landlord-tenant, condominiums, homeowner associations
- Patent, trademark, and copyright matters
- Securities fraud
- Insurance coverage
- Partnership disputes
- Houston Bar Association Fun Run committee
- Master, Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- Volunteer for Houston Bar Association “Legal Line” call-in program
- Co-founder of scholarship foundation for central Texas band students
Zach regularly writes and speaks about current issues in business litigation and employment litigation. Click here for a list of his presentations and publications. Some of his recent presentations include:
- Moderator, “One Year of Defend Trade Secrets Act Litigation” (TexasBarCLE webcast, 2017)
- Presenter, “What Business Lawyers Need to Know When Key Employees Leave to Compete” (Austin Bar Association, 2016)
- Moderator, “Proving (or Attacking) Lost Profits Damages in Trade Secrets Cases and Other Cases” (TexasBarCLE webast, 2016)
- Co-presenter, “Advanced Non-Competes: What You Don’t Know You Don’t Know Can Hurt You” (NELA Houston chapter, 2016)
- State Bar of Texas
- All state and federal courts in Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court